FACT: Proposition 19 Limits Property Tax Increases on Primary Residences for Seniors, People with Severe Disabilities, Families, and Wildfire and Natural Disaster Victims.
- Limits property tax increases on primary residences for homeowners over 55 years old, people with severe disabilities, and victims of natural disasters or wildfires by removing unfair location restrictions for people who may need to move closer to family or medical care, downsize, or find a home that better fits their needs.
- Limits property tax increases for victims of wildfires to replace a damaged home and limit damage from wildfires on homes through dedicated funding for fire protection and emergency response.
- Limits property tax increases on family homes used as a primary residence by protecting the right of parents and grandparents to pass on their family home to their children and grandchildren for continued use as a primary residence.
- Opens up tens of thousands of housing opportunities to make homes more readily available for first-time homeowners, families, and Californians throughout the state.
FACT: Proposition 19 Generates Hundreds of Millions of Annual Funding for Fire Protection, Local Government and School Districts.
- Generates new revenues for fire protection, local government, and school districts that can be used for vital resident services such as emergency response, housing, homeless, or health care programs.
- Helps cities, counties and school districts balance budgets and provides a boost to our state’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, with long-term revenue of over $1 billion annually.
- Provides local revenue for counties, cities, and special districts, and establishes a county offset fund, providing additional revenue protection year in and year out.
FACT: Proposition 19 Supports Life-Saving Fire & Emergency Response.
- Secures dedicated funding for fire response across California, protecting millions of homes and lives.
- Creates a historic Fire Response Fund providing needed revenue for fire protection and response including tens of millions of dollars in dedicated funding each year for historically underfunded fire districts in rural and urban communities.
- Ensures supplemental funding to CalFire in support of California’s wildfire response to protect millions of residents throughout the state.
FACT: Proposition 19 Closes Unfair Loopholes that will Generate Hundreds of Millions for Local Governments, School Districts and Fire Protection.
- Eliminates unfair tax loopholes used by East Coast investors, celebrities, wealthy non- California residents, and trust fund heirs to avoid paying a fair share of property taxes on vacation homes, income properties, and beachfront rentals they own in California.
- Stops tax schemes and deceptive practices that cost California’s local government and schools up to $1.5 billion every year.
FACT: Proposition 19 Provides Tax Relief for California’s Family Farms.
- Provides tax relief for California’s family-owned farms and ranches so they can continue to operate affordably and feed much of our nation and world.
- Protects generational farming by limiting property taxes for family farmers when parents pass the family homes to their children and provides tax savings and protections on the family’s agricultural land.